Hearty Taco Salad
“This downsized version of a hearty and flavorful salad is easy to make and delicious to eat! It's always requested at our family get-togethers and bridal and baby showers.”
—Lori Hinueber, Machesney Park, Illinois
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 cup canned red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/4 cups coarsely crushed nacho tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 tablespoons green goddess salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons prepared ranch salad dressing
- In a small skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly.
- Divide the salad greens between two salad bowls or plates. Top with
- beans, half of the tortilla chips and the beef mixture. Sprinkle
- with cheese, tomato, onion, olives and remaining chips; drizzle with
- salad dressings. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 868 calories, 50 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 2,269 mg sodium,