Hearty Taco Salad Recipe
“This downsized version of a hearty and flavorful salad is easy to make and delicious to eat! It's always requested at our family get-togethers and bridal and baby showers.” —Lori Hinueber, Machesney Park, Illinois
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 cup canned red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/4 cups coarsely crushed nacho tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 tablespoons green goddess salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons prepared ranch salad dressing
- 1. In a small skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly.
- 2. Divide the salad greens between two salad bowls or plates. Top with beans, half of the tortilla chips and the beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, tomato, onion, olives and remaining chips; drizzle with salad dressings. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 868 calories, 50 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 2,269 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 38 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC