“This downsized version of a hearty and flavorful salad is easy to make and delicious to eat! It's always requested at our family get-togethers and bridal and baby showers.” —Lori Hinueber, Machesney Park, Illinois
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 cup canned red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/4 cups coarsely crushed nacho tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 tablespoons green goddess salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons prepared ranch salad dressing
- In a small skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly.
- Divide the salad greens between two salad bowls or plates. Top with beans, half of the tortilla chips and the beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, tomato, onion, olives and remaining chips; drizzle with salad dressings. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Taco Salad in Taste of Home October/November 2008, p68
Reviews for Hearty Taco Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review