I created this great dip by accident one day when I wanted to make a taco casserole but discovered I didn't have all the ingredients. —Claudia Jacobsen, Luverne, North Dakota
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) taco sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook beef, onion and pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the cheese, taco sauce and water; stir until cheese is melted. Stir in the tomato, green pepper and olives. Serve warm with chips. Yield: 6 cups.
Originally published as Hearty Taco Dip in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p66
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Hearty Taco Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review