- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- Corn chips, sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the beans, hominy, tomatoes, tomato sauce, onion, salad dressing mix, taco seasoning and pepper.
- In a blender, combine diced tomatoes and green chilies; cover and process until smooth. Add to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with corn chips, sour cream and cheese if desired. Yield: 11 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Hearty Taco Chili
Sort By :
"This is simple and my family really enjoys it. I use ground turkey in place of the beef. I also substituted 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes for the diced and skipped the blender thing. I also add a can of chicken broth as otherwise it is too dry and thick."
"Delicious! I love making ths chili. It's so flavorful and hearty. The only change I made was that I omitted the step using the blender and simply added the contents of the cans without blending them."
"Yum yum! I love chili and this mixes my love of Mexican food as well. It makes so much and is just tasty all around!"
"My teenage sons absolutely love this!!!"
"This is now my favorite chili recipe! I made a few modifications to spice it up a bit more - added chili pepper and more taco seasoning. I also did not blend the chili peppers as recommended."