Hearty Taco Chili Recipe
Ranch dressing mix and taco seasoning give extra special flavor to my hearty chili. Folks will come back for seconds. —Julie Neuhalfen, Glenwood, Iowa
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- Corn chips, sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the beans, hominy, tomatoes, tomato sauce, onion, salad dressing mix, taco seasoning and pepper.
- 2. In a blender, combine diced tomatoes and green chilies; cover and process until smooth. Add to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- 3. Serve with corn chips, sour cream and cheese if desired.
- 4. Freeze option: Freeze in a freezer container for up to 3 months. To use, thaw in the refrigerator. Transfer to a large saucepan; heat through, adding water to thin if desired. Yield: 11 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
1 cup (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 299 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 1,539 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 22 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC