- tender and water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt;
- cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in enough remaining water to form
- a soft dough. On a floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in. x 8-in.
- rectangle. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with
- cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 13-15 minutes or until very
- lightly browned.
- For filling, in a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion, green
- pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink;
- drain. Add water, taco seasoning and cooked rice. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in eggs and cilantro. Spread over crust.
- Cover and bake for 15-17 minutes or until filling is set. Cut into
- squares. Top with cheese, lettuce and tomatoes. Serve with salsa and
- sour cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 284 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 764 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.