Hearty Tabbouleh Recipe
This traditional Turkish Bulgar salad is filled with tomatoes, green onions and cucumber. It's nicely seasoned with fresh mint and lemon juice.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 1-1/4 cups bulgur
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place bulgur in a small bowl; stir in water. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- 2. Drain bulgur and squeeze dry; cool completely. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 192 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 509 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC