This traditional Turkish Bulgar salad is filled with tomatoes, green onions and cucumber. It's nicely seasoned with fresh mint and lemon juice.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 cups bulgur
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place bulgur in a small bowl; stir in water. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Drain bulgur and squeeze dry; cool completely. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Tabbouleh in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p156
Reviews for Hearty Tabbouleh
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review