Hearty Swiss Steak Recipe
- 1 pound beef sirloin tip steak or bottom round steak
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- Cooked noodles
- 1. Thinly slice steak across the grain into strips. Lightly coat with flour. In a large skillet, brown steak, half at a time, in butter. Add all meat to skillet. Add tomato sauce, lemon juice, soy sauce and Worcestershire; mix well. Add the onion and green pepper. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until the meat is tender, stirring occasionally. Serve over noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 275 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 641 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.