Hearty Swiss Steak Recipe
- 1 pound beef sirloin tip steak or bottom round steak
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- Cooked noodles
- Thinly slice steak across the grain into strips. Lightly coat with flour. In a large skillet, brown steak, half at a time, in butter. Add all meat to skillet. Add tomato sauce, lemon juice, soy sauce and Worcestershire; mix well. Add the onion and green pepper. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until the meat is tender, stirring occasionally. Serve over noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Hearty Swiss Steak(3)
Sort By :
This recipe is one of the best meals I've ever made. I had originally clipped it from a Reminisce or Taste of Home magazine and had misplaced it. I'm so glad to have found it here!
I loved this and so did my hubby! I will definitely make this recipe again. I made it exactly as directed and served it over rice.
Great recipe...I can see why your husband has requested it for so many years. My husband loved it and far preferred it to the Swiss steak I normally make, so I'm sure I will make it again. Thanks for the recipe and love the story behind it.