Hearty Stuffed Potatoes Recipe
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1/4 pound smoked Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tart green apple, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. Bake the potatoes at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. In a medium skillet, brown sausage for 2-3 minutes. Add apple and garlic; cook over low heat for 3-4 minutes or until apple is tender. Add sauerkraut and caraway; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until heated through. Stir in sour cream.
- 2. To serve, cut an "X" in the top of each potato. Fluff pulp with a fork; spoon sausage mixture over potatoes. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 660 calories, 26g fat (13g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 1283mg sodium, 87g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 11g fiber), 18g protein .
Reviews for Hearty Stuffed Potatoes
"I would make this with turkey sausage and fat free sour cream to reduce calorie content. Otherwise, way too many calories for one meal."