Hearty Stuffed Potatoes Recipe
I came up with this recipe because I wanted to add flavor to plain baked potatoes. I combined several ideas, experimented and ended up with this stuffing. It's so hearty that these potatoes can be a meal by themselves, accompanied by a tossed salad or fruit salad. -Margaret Allen, Abingdon, Virginia
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1/4 pound smoked Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tart green apple, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. Bake the potatoes at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. In a medium skillet, brown sausage for 2-3 minutes. Add apple and garlic; cook over low heat for 3-4 minutes or until apple is tender. Add sauerkraut and caraway; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until heated through. Stir in sour cream.
- 2. To serve, cut an "X" in the top of each potato. Fluff pulp with a fork; spoon sausage mixture over potatoes. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 660 calories, 26 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 1,283 mg sodium, 87 g carbohydrate, 11 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Stuffed Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC