Hearty Stuffed Potatoes Recipe
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1/4 pound smoked Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tart green apple, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. Bake the potatoes at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. In a medium skillet, brown sausage for 2-3 minutes. Add apple and garlic; cook over low heat for 3-4 minutes or until apple is tender. Add sauerkraut and caraway; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until heated through. Stir in sour cream.
- 2. To serve, cut an "X" in the top of each potato. Fluff pulp with a fork; spoon sausage mixture over potatoes. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 660 calories, 26g fat (13g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 1283mg sodium, 87g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 11g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Stuffed Potatoes
"I would make this with turkey sausage and fat free sour cream to reduce calorie content. Otherwise, way too many calories for one meal."