Hearty Stuffed Potatoes
"Packed with cheddar and cottage cheese and hard-cooked egg, these potatoes make a terrific light lunch all by themselves," says Lorraine Danz (right) from New Holland, Pennsylvania.
2 ServingsPrep: 1-1/4 hours + cooling Bake: 25 min.
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- Bake potatoes at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Cut a
- thin slice off the top of each potato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a
- thin shell. In a bowl, mash the pulp with cottage cheese,
- mayonnaise, mustard, dill, salt and pepper. Stir in 1/2 cup cheddar
- cheese and egg.
- Spoon into potato shells. Top with the remaining cheese. Place on a
- baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated
- through. Garnish with tomato. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 540 calories, 31 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 160 mg cholesterol, 901 mg sodium,