Hearty Stuffed Meat Loaves Recipe
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup stuffing mix
- 2/3 pound lean ground beef
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, water and butter. Stir in stuffing mix.
- 2. Shape beef into four thin patties. Divide stuffing mixture between two patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon remaining barbecue sauce over patties.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 427 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 1144mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein
Reviews for Hearty Stuffed Meat Loaves
"This recipe was very quick! But the flavoring was a bit odd. It was basically just a hamburger smothered in BBQ sauce, with stuffing. It just lacked something to tie everything together."
"Do I cook the stuffing first?"
"This was good but will make it without the barbecue sauce in the filling."