Hearty Stuffed Meat Loaves
You're just 5 ingredients away from a fresh take on a familiar entree. These meat loaf patties from Mary Ann Pearce of Sparks, Nevada cook quickly and are loaded with flavor.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup stuffing mix
- 2/3 pound lean ground beef
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, water and butter.
- Stir in stuffing mix.
- Shape beef into four thin patties. Divide stuffing mixture between
- two patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to
- seal. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. Spoon remaining barbecue sauce over patties.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until no pink
- remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed meat loaf (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 427 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 1,144 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.