Hearty Stuffed Green Peppers Recipe
This recipe is so easy to make and is so delicious, you will be making it all the time. They are great on a cool winter night for dinner!—Helen Englehart, Maplewood, Minnesota
- 6 medium fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 medium green peppers
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup instant rice, cooked
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine tomatoes, onion, celery, tomato sauce, water, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut tops off of green peppers and remove seeds; set aside. In a bowl, combine ground beef, rice, basil and remaining salt and pepper; mix well. fill peppers with beef mixture. Carefully place peppers in tomato sauce. Spoon some sauce over tops of peppers.
- 3. Cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until beef is cooked and peppers are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 373 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1565mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 7g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Stuffed Green Peppers
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC