Hearty Steak Soup Recipe
My husband and I live in a small farming community and we've been married for more than 40 years, so I've been cooking for a long time. Our granddaughters love to come and help me cook—especially when the result is this soup. We like it with toasted French bread and a crisp salad for a complete meal.—Waldeane Logan, Butler, Missouri
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups water
- 2 pounds ground round steak or ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons browning sauce, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Add water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Add the beef, tomatoes, mixed vegetables, onion, celery, seasonings and browning sauce if desired. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 8-10 servings (4 quarts).
1 cup: 157 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 593mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Steak Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC