- 1 package (16 ounces) dried split peas
- 8 cups water
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 cups cubed cooked corned beef or ham
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 5 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a Dutch oven, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until peas and vegetables are tender. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Hearty Split Pea Soup
Sort By :
This soup is delicious. I will make it over and over again.
Unbelievable pea soup!!!! Best homemade ham and split pea soup I have ever made. Family loved,loved,loved it!!!!
WOW!! This is the best soup ever. I have made it more than once and will many more times.
I make this soup regularly--it's delicious! Perfect recipe!
Best pea soup I've had