Hearty Spinach Salad Recipe
Ground beef turns an ordinary spinach salad into a main dish. Minced garlic adds just the right amount of zip. You can easily substitute any type of lettuce for the spinach. - Rita Goshaw, South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Salad dressing of your choice
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, beef, tomatoes, cheese, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Spinach Salad
Reviewed May. 26, 2010
"very good. I added green onion and hard boiled eggs."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC