Hearty Spaghetti Recipe
- 5 pounds ground beef
- 5 medium onions, chopped
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 8 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 4 pounds uncooked spaghetti
- 1. In two large Dutch ovens or soup kettles, cook the beef, onions and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Serve with meat sauce. Yield: 25 servings (about 3/4 cup meat sauce with 3/4 cup spaghetti).
3/4 cup: 458 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 1348mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein
Reviews for Hearty Spaghetti
"This is 'Restaurant Quality'. I did a couple of tweaks: added more seasonings (pepper, oregano, basil, garlic) & used 4 of each crushed & diced tomatoes."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.