- 5 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 5 medium onions, chopped
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 8 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 4 pounds uncooked spaghetti
- In two large Dutch ovens or soup kettles, cook the beef, onions and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Serve with meat sauce. Yield: 25 servings (about 3/4 cup meat sauce with 3/4 cup spaghetti).
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Hearty Spaghetti
Sort By :
This is 'Restaurant Quality'. I did a couple of tweaks: added more seasonings (pepper, oregano, basil, garlic) & used 4 of each crushed & diced tomatoes.