Hearty Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup Recipe
“I picked up this recipe in California in the ’80s and have been making it ever since. I love it partly because it’s simple to put together and partly because the flavor is so wonderful!” Bonnie Hosman - Young, AZ
- 2 cans (one 28 ounces, one 14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Stir in the beans, spinach and macaroni. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 7 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
1-1/2 cups (calculated without cheese) equals 276 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 974 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 12 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC