Hearty Sirloin Pitas Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2-1/3 cups frozen pepper strips, thawed
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 teaspoons A.1. steak sauce
- 4 whole pita breads, warmed
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook beef in batches in 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat until meat reaches desired doneness. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same pan, saute pepper strips and onion in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add beef and steak sauce; heat through.
- 3. Top each pita with beef mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Fold over. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pita equals 434 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 705 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 38 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Hearty Sirloin Pitas
"I absolutely was impressed by this recipe! My husband LOVED how filling and tasty it was! From a critical standpoint I would definitely add crushed garlic to the vegetable mix for more of a unique flavor with the A1 sauce. Definitely will be made again in our household."