Hearty Sirloin Pitas
Blue cheese takes these colorful sandwiches to the next level of flavor. To soften the pitas up a bit, warm them in the oven or microwave. Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2-1/3 cups frozen pepper strips, thawed
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 teaspoons A.1. steak sauce
- 4 whole pita breads, warmed
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook beef in
- batches in 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat until meat reaches
- desired doneness. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, saute pepper strips and onion in remaining oil until
- crisp-tender. Add beef and steak sauce; heat through.
- Top each pita with beef mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Fold over.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pita equals 434 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 705 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 38 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch,