- 1-1/4 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2-1/3 cups frozen pepper strips, thawed
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 teaspoons A.1. steak sauce
- 4 whole pita breads, warmed
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook beef in batches in 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat until meat reaches desired doneness. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, saute pepper strips and onion in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add beef and steak sauce; heat through.
- Top each pita with beef mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Fold over. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Hearty Sirloin Pitas
Sort By :
"I absolutely was impressed by this recipe! My husband LOVED how filling and tasty it was! From a critical standpoint I would definitely add crushed garlic to the vegetable mix for more of a unique flavor with the A1 sauce. Definitely will be made again in our household."