Hearty Shrimp Risotto Recipe
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1 fresh thyme sprig
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- In a small saucepan, heat broth and keep warm. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the rice, thyme, bay leaf and pepper; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in wine. Cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add heated broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to absorb between additions. Cook just until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender. (Cooking time is about 20 minutes.) Add the shrimp and spinach; cook until shrimp turn pink and spinach is wilted.
- Stir in cheese. Discard thyme and bay leaf. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Hearty Shrimp Risotto(8)
Sort By :
This recipe was good, but could have been great. I would definitely not use all the goat cheese - maybe only 1/3 of what the recipe called for. It seemed to be the dominant flavor (maybe the cheese I bought was a stronger version?). Otherwise very creamy and fresh.
Fantastic recipe. I make it for friends all the time & everyone loves it! I've made it with Gorgonzola cheese before and that worked too. Love the original recipe the best!
This is one of my new favorites! Easy to make and easy ingredients. I have used several different cheeses and it is always good.
This would have been amazing if I used the reduce-sodium broth like recipe said. Talk about disappointment, sitting at the stove, for what felt like an hour, stirring & it tasted like a pound of salt.
This was absolutely DELIGHTFUL! It was rich and hearty and beautiful. I didn't change a single thing (and that's a miracle for me!).
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >