Hearty Shrimp Omelet Recipe
- 10 uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons diced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the shrimp, red pepper, bacon, onion, lemon juice, jalapeno and seasonings in oil and 1 tablespoon butter for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are tender. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter over medium-high heat; add eggs (mixture should set immediately at edges). As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When the eggs are set, spoon shrimp mixture on one side and sprinkle with cheese; fold other side over filling. Invert omelet onto a plate; cut in half. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Shrimp Omelet in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p33
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Hearty Shrimp Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review