Hearty Short Ribs Recipe
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot mashed potatoes
- 1. Place onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with ribs. Combine the mushrooms, soup, 1/2 cup water, gravy mix, garlic and thyme; pour over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 6-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove meat to serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with meat and mashed potatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 pound ribs with 1/2 cup gravy (calculated without potatoes) equals 317 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 769 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Short Ribs
"My family couldn't get enough of these. This is going in the "special" cookbook of favorite recipes! Delicious."
"pitiful videos with this. so glad, however, that at least one of the recipes was for a slow cooker. Too many were not."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.