Fresh rosemary adds great flavor to the convenience products used in this comforting recipe. “This is great on cold days and makes a very filling meal with just a piece of corn bread.” Melissa Birdsong - Gilbert, South Carolina
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) peas and carrots, drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups prepared instant mashed potatoes
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, peas and carrots, mushrooms, water, rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, salt and pepper; heat through. Transfer to a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate.
- In a large bowl, beat the mashed potatoes, cream cheese, sour cream and remaining garlic powder until blended. Spread over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and potatoes are lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Shepherd's Pie in Simple & Delicious March/April 2010, p35
Reviews for Hearty Shepherd's Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review