This hearty breakfast dish includes classic omelet ingredients in a fun egg scramble that's so quick to whip up! The eggs pick up plenty of flavor from the mushrooms, onion and cheese. To shave minutes off the prep time, I keep diced ham in the freezer. —Carole Anhalt Manitowoc, Wisconsin
- 8 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup diced cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add ham, cheese, mushrooms and onion. Melt butter in a skillet; add egg mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Scrambled Eggs in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p27
Reviews for Hearty Scrambled Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2011
"i like it but needs alittle work."
Reviewed Mar. 20, 2011
"This was easy and great for company."
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2010
"EXCELLENT!! I sauteed the mushrooms and onions then added the ham then the eggs with cheese. The flavors worked so well together. A very filling breakfast."