This hearty breakfast dish includes classic omelet ingredients in a fun egg scramble that's so quick to whip up! The eggs pick up plenty of flavor from the mushrooms, onion and cheese. To shave minutes off the prep time, I keep diced ham in the freezer. —Carole Anhalt Manitowoc, Wisconsin
- 8 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup diced cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add ham, cheese, mushrooms and onion. Melt butter in a skillet; add egg mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Scrambled Eggs in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p27
Reviews for Hearty Scrambled Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2011
"i like it but needs alittle work."
Reviewed Mar. 20, 2011
"This was easy and great for company."
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2010
"EXCELLENT!! I sauteed the mushrooms and onions then added the ham then the eggs with cheese. The flavors worked so well together. A very filling breakfast."