Hearty Sausage-Stuffed Loaf Recipe
- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Pizza sauce, optional
- 1. In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Unroll dough and pat into a 14-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Sprinkle the sausage, cheddar cheese and spinach lengthwise down the center of the dough. Bring edges of dough to the center over filling; pinch seams to seal.
- 2. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Brush top with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with pizza sauce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice (calculated without pizza sauce): 405 calories, 25g fat (14g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 848mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein .
Reviews for Hearty Sausage-Stuffed Loaf
"loved this recipe. I've made similar recipes, but none that are as simple and still quite delicious."