My family devours this every time I make it. With so few ingredients, it couldn’t be simpler! The rich, hearty sausage and spinach combination is wonderful for brunch, but I often serve it with a salad at suppertime. —Judy Learned, Boyertown, Pennsylvania
- 3/4 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Pizza sauce, optional
- In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Unroll dough and pat into a 14-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Sprinkle the sausage, cheddar cheese and spinach lengthwise down the center of the dough. Bring edges of dough to the center over filling; pinch seams to seal.
- Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Brush top with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with pizza sauce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Sausage-Stuffed Loaf in Simple & Delicious April/May 2012, p37
Reviews for Hearty Sausage-Stuffed Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2012
"loved this recipe. I've made similar recipes, but none that are as simple and still quite delicious."