- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon fennel seed
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Allow dough to rise until nearly doubled. Meanwhile, brown sausage with garlic and fennel seed in a skillet. Drain and cool. Add eggs and cheeses; mix well.
- Punch dough down and roll each loaf into a 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Place half of the sausage mixture on each rectangle, spreading to within 1 in. of edges. Roll jelly-roll style, starting at the narrow end. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes. Brush with melted butter while warm. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hearty Sausage Loaf
Sort By :
After the bread is filled and rolled, is it suppose to rise again before baking, and if so, how long?
I HAVE REPEATEDLY FIXED THIS BREAKFAST LOAF FOR THE CREW AT WORK. THEY ASK ME TO MAKE IT OFTEN. IT,S EASY TO CARRY AND SERVE, NO FUSS NO MESS.