Hearty Sausage Chili
You'll have a stick-to-the-ribs bowl of chili in not time with this simple recipe. It's quick to prepare, but tastes like it's been simmering for hours! “This is great with corn bread,” says Jeannie Klugh of Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
3 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, diced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup hot chili beans
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute sausage and peppers in oil until meat is
- no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, beans, chili sauce, chili powder and cumin.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or
- until heated through. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups (prepared with Italian turkey sausage links; calculated without sour cream) equals 256 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 1,051 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 18 g protein.