Hearty Sausage Chili Recipe
You'll have a stick-to-the-ribs bowl of chili in not time with this simple recipe. It's quick to prepare, but tastes like it's been simmering for hours! “This is great with corn bread,” says Jeannie Klugh of Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, diced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup hot chili beans
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute sausage and peppers in oil until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, beans, chili sauce, chili powder and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Hearty Sausage Chili in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p17
Reviews for Hearty Sausage Chili(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Chili Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Low Fat Chili Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Chili >
- Mexican Chilies >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Sausage Soup >
- Soups & Stews for Two >