Hearty Sausage-Chicken Chili Recipe
“The company I work for has an annual Chili Cook-Off, and this unusual recipe of mine was a winner,” writes Carolyn Etzler from Thurmont, Maryland. “It combines two other recipes and includes a touch or two of my own.”
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Crumble sausage into a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Add chicken and onion; cook and stir over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain.
- 2. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is no longer pink. Yield: 11 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
1 cup equals 272 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 826 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Sausage-Chicken Chili
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC