- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- Cook sausage in a Dutch oven over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm. Saute the mushrooms, pepper and onion in oil in the same pan until tender.
- Return sausage to pan. Stir in the tomatoes, spinach, water, tomato sauce and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-7 minutes or until rice is tender. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 5 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Hearty Sausage and Rice Skillet
Sort By :
It was a bit spicy for me, but my husband loved it!
This was delicious; even better the second day.
I've made it twice now and it's a definite winner! I've shared it with friends and they also give it rave reviews. Quick, easy, and delicious.
Delicious and very easy!! Comfort food!
More Recipe Collections
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >