Hearty Sausage and Potatoes Recipe
I like to cook the potatoes and beans in the morning, and then I can just assemble and warm it up when I get home. If you like spicier flavor, add more seasoning.—Marlene Melton, Houston, Texas
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut lengthwise in half, then sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat until almost tender, about 12-15 minutes. Add beans; cook 5-6 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In the same pan, saute sausage until lightly browned. Add the oil, seasonings and potato mixture; stir gently to combine. Cover and cook on low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 374 calories, 23 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 1,034 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC