Hearty Sausage and Potatoes
I like to cook the potatoes and beans in the morning, and then I can just assemble and warm it up when I get home. If you like spicier flavor, add more seasoning.Marlene Melton, Houston, Texas
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut lengthwise in half, then sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat until almost
- tender, about 12-15 minutes. Add beans; cook 5-6 minutes longer or
- until vegetables are tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute sausage until lightly browned. Add the oil,
- seasonings and potato mixture; stir gently to combine. Cover and
- cook on low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 374 calories, 23 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 1,034 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 14 g protein.