Hearty Sausage 'n' Hash Browns Recipe
- 4 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 slices process American cheese
- In a large skillet, cook potatoes and pepper in oil over medium heat until potatoes are golden brown. Stir in sausage; heat through. Remove from heat; top with cheese. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Sausage 'n' Hash Browns(5)
Sort By :
use tatertot frozen potatoes ,add onion lots of garlic,our own local sausage and a few eggs put the whole thing in the oven and cook it for about half an hour or longer,depends on what I put in it.Good recipe and very delicious but mine is better.
Love this recipe as is, but usally add onions to it and on occasion jalapenos as 3 out of 4 members of my family are pepper heads! Sometimes I crack 4 eggs into little indentions I've made before add the cheese and letting them steam cook till done to our taste, then add the cheese and let it melt! YUMMY!
I used red bell pepper with sharp chedder cheese and Italian sausage just to kick it up in spice and color....good hash.
I added some onions,garlic salt, salt & pepper & still thought it was a little bland, however my family really enjoyed this recipe. No leftovers! Will make again.
This is great any time, not just breakfast! We're not pepper fans so I use onions instead. It is another new standby at our house.
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >