- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 tablespoon ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion in oil over medium heat until onion is tender. Add the beans, water, tomatoes and salad dressing mix. Bring to a boil; stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Sausage 'n' Beans
Sort By :
"This was a great recipe. Very hardy and filling. Even my picky 9 year old loved it. Will definitely make again!"
"loved this! Both of my picky boys ate all of it and asked for seconds. Only thing I changed was I used ranchstyle beans instead of pinto b/c that was what we had. Really good!"
"I have made this numerous times and my family loves it. I have taken it to church pot lucks and I have always come home with an empty pan."
"Tasty and quick! Was great with Jiffy cornbread on the side. Will definitely be making this again!"
"I've made this recipe twice. First as it appeared in the magazine, the second time I made one change. Instead of using the tomatoes with mild chilies I used a can of tomatoes with habaneros. Gave it the right amount of punch. This was an easy weeknight recipe and I will be making it again."