- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 tablespoon ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion in oil over medium heat until onion is tender. Add the beans, water, tomatoes and salad dressing mix. Bring to a boil; stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Sausage 'n' Beans
Sort By :
"This is one of my weeknight go to recipes"
"This was a great recipe. Very hardy and filling. Even my picky 9 year old loved it. Will definitely make again!"
"loved this! Both of my picky boys ate all of it and asked for seconds. Only thing I changed was I used ranchstyle beans instead of pinto b/c that was what we had. Really good!"
"I have made this numerous times and my family loves it. I have taken it to church pot lucks and I have always come home with an empty pan."
"Tasty and quick! Was great with Jiffy cornbread on the side. Will definitely be making this again!"