Hearty Rye Melts Recipe
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), shredded
- 24 slices snack rye bread
- Fresh parsley sprigs, stems removed
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add chili powder and cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Spread a heaping tablespoonful onto each slice of bread. Place on a baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges of bread begin to crisp. Garnish with parsley. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
2 each: 167 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 422mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Rye Melts
"My family has made these for almost 15 years. It has become a Sunday Football appetizer."