Hearty Rice Dressing Recipe
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 5 cups water
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed French onion soup
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1. Combine beef, pork and onions. Divide mixture evenly among several large Dutch ovens or stockpots; cook, crumbling meat, over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine celery, green pepper and pimientos. Add water, soups and seasonings. Stir into Dutch ovens or stockpots, dividing vegetable-soup mixture evenly among them. Bring to a boil; stir in rice.
- 3. Carefully transfer mixture to three greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes; stir. Cover and bake 30-40 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Yield: 45-50 servings.
3/4 cup: 153 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein
Reviews for Hearty Rice Dressing
"Took this to a BBQ and it was a hit. It was so simple to make and everyone loved it."