At church socials and family reunions, this satisfying dressing has always been well received. It's a favorite with our family, too. I cut back on the recipe to serve a smaller group. -Ruth Hayward Lake Charles, Louisiana
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 5 cups water
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed French onion soup
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- Combine beef, pork and onions. Divide mixture evenly among several large Dutch ovens or stockpots; cook, crumbling meat, over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine celery, green pepper and pimientos. Add water, soups and seasonings. Stir into Dutch ovens or stockpots, dividing vegetable-soup mixture evenly among them. Bring to a boil; stir in rice.
- Carefully transfer mixture to three greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes; stir. Cover and bake 30-40 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Yield: 45-50 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Rice Dressing in Taste of Home October/November 2004, p40
Reviews for Hearty Rice Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2014
"Took this to a BBQ and it was a hit. It was so simple to make and everyone loved it."