- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 5 cups water
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed French onion soup
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- Combine beef, pork and onions. Divide mixture evenly among several large Dutch ovens or stockpots; cook, crumbling meat, over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine celery, green pepper and pimientos. Add water, soups and seasonings. Stir into Dutch ovens or stockpots, dividing vegetable-soup mixture evenly among them. Bring to a boil; stir in rice.
- Carefully transfer mixture to three greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes; stir. Cover and bake 30-40 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Yield: 45-50 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Rice Dressing
"Hi bettyb2 - It probably wouldn't fit in one pan. The recipe makes three 9x13 casseroles.Sue StetzelTaste of Home Magazine"
"I haven't tried this yet. Why do you have to separate the soup mixture into three separate pots? Can't it be in one pot, then separated?"
"Took this to a BBQ and it was a hit. It was so simple to make and everyone loved it."