At church socials and family reunions, this satisfying dressing has always been well received. It's a favorite with our family, too. I cut back on the recipe to serve a smaller group. -Ruth Hayward Lake Charles, Louisiana
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 2 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 5 cups water
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed French onion soup
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- In several large Dutch ovens or stockpots, cook the beef, pork and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the celery, green pepper and pimientos.
- Combine water and soups; stir in the Creole seasoning, salt, pepper and cayenne. Stir into meat mixture; bring to a boil. Stir in the rice.
- Carefully transfer mixture to three greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes; stir. Cover and bake 30-40 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Yield: 45-50 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Rice Dressing in Taste of Home October/November 2004, p40
Reviews for Hearty Rice Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review