Hearty Rice Casserole Recipe
You can see right away why this dish pleases a crowd. It's tasty and hearty—just like its name says. It's also easy on the cook, which I appreciate.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed creamy onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1. Combine all of the ingredients in a greased 4-qt. baking dish; mix well. Cover tightly and bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until the rice is tender. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 219 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 563 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC