- 3 to 3-1/2 pounds country-style pork spareribs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- Place ribs in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; add water. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours. Drain, reserving liquid; skim fat. Set ribs aside.
- Add enough water to liquid to equal 1 cup; place in a saucepan. Add the tomato sauce, soup mix, brown sugar, mustard and hot sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes; reserve 1/2 cup.
- To the remaining sauce, add the beans, celery and red pepper. Pour into the baking dish; add ribs. Pour reserved sauce over ribs. Cover and bake for 45 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Ribs and Beans in Taste of Home February/March 1996, p45
Reviews for Hearty Ribs and Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bean Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Rib Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >