Hearty Reuben Salad Recipe
- 4 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1 can (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cubed Swiss cheese
- 2 packages (2-1/2 ounces each) sliced corned beef, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1/2 cup rye croutons
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, sauerkraut, cheese, corned beef and parsley. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Garnish with croutons and eggs. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 323 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 259mg cholesterol, 1329mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein .
Reviews for Hearty Reuben Salad
"This was just wonderful, will definitely make it again."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.