—Mrs. Paul Tremblay, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- 4 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1 can (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cubed Swiss cheese
- 2 packages (2-1/2 ounces each) sliced corned beef, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1/2 cup rye croutons
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, sauerkraut, cheese, corned beef and parsley. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Garnish with croutons and eggs. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Reuben Salad in Taste of Home February/March 1996, p11
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hearty Reuben Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 26, 2012
"This was just wonderful, will definitely make it again."