- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Hot cooked rice
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, green pepper, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add beans, soup, salsa and Italian seasoning; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Hearty Red Beans & Rice(11)
Sort By :
So easy and filling! My husband loved it
Very good!! Quick and easy!!
Overall, this recipe is great! I omitted the meat, and kicked up the seasoning. The dish IS hearty, and will totally be added to me recipe box.
Great recipe for a weeknight dinner. I used pork sausage, but will consider making it with ground turkey next time to make it a little healthier. This is a definitely a "keeper".
My sister-in-law gave me a recipe similar to this but it calls for 16oz pkg. of sausage sliced, 2 15oz cans of ranch style beans, 1 can of rotel & 2 cups of cooked rice. Just heat everything on the stove and serve over rice. Sooo easy.
More Recipe Collections
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Sausage Dinner Recipes >