- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook and stir quinoa over medium-high
- heat for 3-5 minutes or until lightly toasted; remove from the pan.
- In the same pan, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add
- onion; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in flour until blended. Gradually whisk in stock and cream.
- Add the corn, beans, roasted peppers and quinoa; bring to a boil,
- stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20
- minutes or until quinoa is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in
- the remaining ingredients. Yield: 14 servings (3/4 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 264 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 485 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.