Hearty Poultry Stuffing Recipe
This was my mother's recipe and is now a tradition at my house, too. My mother-in-law even preferred it to her own stuffing!
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 11 slices day-old bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, combine bread cubes, crumbs, cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Add butter; toss to coat. Beat egg and water; add to bread mixture. Add beef mixture, raisins and walnuts.
- 3. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until browned. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 201 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 359 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC