Hearty Potato Omelet Recipe
I put this together years ago when me kids were small. It was delicious, economical and nutritious. Now they make it for their own families.Elsie Norton, Mt. Vernon, Illinois
- 1 bacon strip, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 frozen Tater Tots, thawed
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- In an 8-in. nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Add Tater Tots and break apart with a spatula.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and water; add to skillet. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are set, spoon cheese over one side; fold omelet over filling. Cover and let stand for 1-1/2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Invert omelet onto a plate to serve. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Hearty Potato Omelet in Country Woman March/April 2003, p35
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Hearty Potato Omelet(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2013
So easy, so tasty! Used to make this for my kids years ago. You can use a microwaved or baked potato in place of tater tots and sliced ham for bacon. Needs a picture to inspire people to try this..it's great!
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >